Tuesday, December 23, 2008

my spinach smoothie

While perusing my Fitness magazine the other night, I came across the article "Superfoods for a super body."  Sounds good to me... the list included lemon, broccoli, dark chocolate, potatoes, salmon, walnuts, avocado, garlic, spinach, and beans.   Yum!  I can handle that, I eat most of these on a regular basis, minus the avocado and spinach.  So I was especially intrigued by the idea they gave for spinach. 

 "Spinach is a healthy- and flavorless- add to any smoothie.  You won't taste it, we promise!"

Spinach isn't my favorite, so I figured this was a good way to add it in.  This morning I tried it.  Some frozen spinach, a cup of milk, a banana, and a handful of strawberries.  And guess what?  you could take it- ALOT.  And it was disgusting.  There is the possibility that I added too much spinach, but I didn't want to waste anymore of my fruit and if I tried much more of it I might have gotten sick.  Terribly disappointing.  Moral of the story, do not believe everything you read.  Or better yet, if something sounds like it will be terrible, it probably is (minus my black beans brownies of course).  

1 comment:

  1. hahaha... I can just picture your face when you drank the smoothie.
    And I'm still not sure about those brownies of yours.:)

    ReplyDelete