Friday, December 19, 2008

all the cool kids are doing it

Seeing as how I deactivated my facebook account (temporarily) and the glorious fact that I have absolutely nothing to do these days, I decided I'd start a blog to pass some of the time.  I used to have a livejournal back in the day, it was titled "my crazy life" (that must have been sarcasm) and my last post was 123 weeks ago.  It mostly consists of lame surveys with the occasional update on my life.  

Some of the highlights I'm reading...

1.   the time I argued with an 11 year old girl that I didn't know over who was going to get daniel radcliffe (the guy who plays harry potter).   
2.  I was told I couldn't teach vacation bible school because I had to be at least 2 years older than the kids.  The oldest kids were 5th grade.  I was 19, she thought I was 12. 
3.  My consideration of physical therapy as my career (ew)
4.  The time I went to Shogun for a friend's birthday and not only was the cook a creeper, but he spilled soy sauce all in my lap when he knocked it over doing one of his tricks.  
5.  I used to be so cheap.  One time I got charged $2 for a ringtone that I didn't get.  I went into the store to get it taken care of, and I came out and I had gotten a parking ticket.  I had put money in the wrong meter... oh the irony.  

If I had more time I'd continue reading these to see more of what a loser I was/am, but I'm getting ready to go across the bay to go see a friend that works at olive garden, maybe do a little shopping, and hopefully go to the pier in fairhope.  It is Dec 19th, and it is a frigid 72 degrees outside.  How I love the weather in Mobile.  It was so pretty yesterday, my sister and I went to the park and that might have been the most enjoyable 2 hours of my break so far.  I swung on the swings for at least 20 minutes straight, threw the football some, and chased geese.  There were over 100 canadian geese, and we ran right into their little group to see what they would do .  Most ran away from us, there was one fiesty white goose that we decided was their fearless leader who tried to snap at us.  I would have done more immature things, but Madeline has slightly more dignity then I do.  But as I was swinging, I had the epiphany that this is the way life should be.  I want to be a kid again... If you people don't see me back on january 5th, check the park.  

2 comments:

  1. kids do have it made. kate is laying on the couch right now twirling her hair, drinking from a sippy-cup, and watching tv.... probably all while peeing her pants which saves a trip to the potty. Amazing. Then, if she wants to do something else, she just does it. It is that simple. there are no rules.

    Aside from peeing the pants, she is my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE swinging in the park. in birmingham my friends and i did it quite regularly. we should make it a regular occasion.

    ReplyDelete