Friday, April 8, 2011

shine like the stars

"Rejoice always, pray continually, giving thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." I Thess 5:16-18

"Do everything without complaining or arguing." Phil 2:14-15

You know, some things in the bible are up for interpretation. Some things you really have to think about to understand. Not so much here. These verses are incredibly clear, no wiggle room. Rejoice ALWAYS?? Pray CONTINUALLY? Give thanks in ALL circumstances?? Do EVERYTHING without complaining? When I'm dealing with someone difficult, when I'm in a situation that really isn't fair, when I almost get in a wreck because of someone else's mistake, when my computer breaks, when I get sick, etc, etc. I'm suppose to say, "thank ya jesus!" Thank you for the infestation of bugs in my closet right now. Thank you for the sunburn that won't stop itching. Thank you for the 40 page article I have to read by Monday. Thank you for the tear in the back of my dress that my mother noticed at the very end of the day that might have given some people a show. Yeah, sounds funny, but every situation God has something to teach me. I just have to ask God to reveal to me whatever He's got and help me glorify Him through it. I haven't quite figured out the greater purpose of the sunburn, but I'll get it. And not only thanking and not complaining, but rejoicing! Ok, and those are the bad things. What about the things I take for granted? Thank you for my bed. Thank you for my Bible where I can read these verses. Thank you for my dinner. Thank you that I can go to sleep without worrying about my safety. Thank you when I wake up in the morning. Thank you for shampoo. for a toilet. for hot water. for a roof. for family. for friends. for clothes. for a car. for a church. And the list goes on and on and on and on. So blessed. I forget it a lot. The rest of phil 2:14-15 is pretty awesome. I wanna shineeee. I got a ways to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment