Saturday, April 23, 2011

oh the wonders of caffeine

Let me tell you the great thing about the past 2 months- it's been like a vacay. After I finished peds (tear...), I moved on to neuro. I am no big fan of neurology to say the least, but I sure did love this rotation. It was eeezzzzzzzz. I may not have learned anything, and it may seem kind of like a waste of tuition money when I didn't get anything out of it, but I do have my best grade of med school to show for it. Doesn't make too much sense, but such is life.

Then I moved on to psych. Psych I love. Also has been kind of a cake walk. I have learned a ton more, was given a lot of freedom to make decisions, doing doctor-y like things. However, half way through the rotation my attending had a bit of a ruptured appendix, so for a while we were basically working with the residents and they were good to let us go pretty early. But then I got moved to working with a child psychiatrist. Outpatient stuff, not getting to do anything, but cool because it's kids and the doc is teaching me a lot. Still working very few hours. This whole rotation I haven't come close to working 8 hours a day. I may say more about psych another day...

Needless to say, I haven't been needing/depending too much on caffeine lately. I'm not a big caffeine person to begin with, maybe a starbuck's frappuccino or a diet coke from time to time. Tonight after dinner I decided to stop by starbs, since I wanted to do some studying. I got a grande mocha lite frappuccino. Yum. That was seven thirty. IT IS NOW THREE FORTY FIVE. Glad tomorrow is saturday and I have no plans but to sleep in... So I'm currently catching up on the latest infomercials, you know they just don't show enough of those during the day! I may retry to sleep pretty soon here, but I feel like I could keep going.

Surgery here I come. I hope the caffeine will work for me then as good as it did for me tonight. I will be needing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment