Friday, June 19, 2009

VBS blues

I was teaching VBS (vacation bible school) this week and I am probably the VBS staff's worst nightmare.

First, I missed a training session I didn't know existed.  Then I left to go out of town until the night before VBS began.  Apparently, I was suppose to call all the parents before it started, but didn't know that because I missed the training session.

Flight delay in New York because of a FLAT TIRE.  C'mon Delta... This resulted in us missing our connection in ATL. This resulted in us having to spend the night there and catch the first flight in the morning at 7:45.  On the bright side, I did get a $14 voucher for food that night and I get a $100 voucher to use sometime in the next year.  But it also meant I was arriving in Mobile 10 minutes before I was suppose to be at church teaching VBS. 

Got to church, there was confusion, my kids ended up missing the opening ceremony because again, i missed the training session so I didn't know exactly what I was suppose to do.  

I call the parents that night.  One of them says she asked her daughter what she learned that day and all she could tell her was "God flies at night." awesome...

Then I felt really bad all Tuesday, convinced myself I had swine flu.  

The next morning, my sister was off at the carpool area trying to round up our kids.  She comes back and says, are you feeling better now? I said yes.. and she said ok good, because they are canceling VBS because some kid that was here earlier this week had swine flu.  (which may or may not be true at this point, still awaiting the results from CDC but it's looking like thats what it was).

So yeah, they are rescheduling the last 3 days of VBS and I'm pretty sure they checked my schedule to make sure I wouldn't be here for those 3 days.    

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha...I can envision this and it makes me laugh each time

    ReplyDelete