Tuesday, June 23, 2009

gardening

My next door neighbor (at my parent's house) asked if she could pay me to plant some flowers for her.  I woke up at 645 this morning to get over there early in attempts to avoid the heat.  While toiling around in the dirt I had an epiphany. I hate gardening.  I don't like sweating, I don't like dirt, and frankly, I don't think I'm very good at it.  But I was thinking about all the older women I know, and they LOVE to garden.  Especially my mom.  Am I the black sheep? Or is gardening something that once you turn 35 it turns into a major hobby? 

Please. Let me know.  

Also, on an unrelated note, my mellow mushroom waiter guessed I was 16 the other day.  Granted, he was weird and there's a pretty good chance he was high, but this is nothing out of the ordinary.  He guessed my 17 year old sister was in fact, 17.  Story of my life.  

1 comment:

  1. Gardening is at least partially genetic I do believe, but I think we should test your theory. Know any 35 year olds??

    I was carded at a bar recently (fairly normal...) but he looked at my picture and back at me 3 times. Then asked me when my bday is. Seriously, I just got that ID after finals. Now tell me what is that about??

    ReplyDelete