Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014: A Year In Review



So, back in 2013 I did a 'year in review' blog and I figured it was time to do it again.  I had said I thought that year was the best ever, however, I think 2014 has got it beat.  It's surely not been all peachy, but I wouldn't trade the trials for anything.  I have been floored by how God has used certain things to bring me back to Him and has been oh so faithful in showering me with his promises.  Looking back at 2013, it appears that not much has changed since then...

Still love food. 


And cats. 


 And the wobble.


Finn and I are still holding strong.  He's picked up this new fun habit of loving to run away.  Once he feels the wind in his fur he is deaf to the sound of me yelling his name.  It's created some discord in our relationship, but he's just so cute you can't stay mad for long.
 


I'm halfway through my 3rd and final year of residency... this was my last day after a month of nights and I was reeeeeally happy.  Such a privilege to get to do what I do, even though I sometimes need the reminder (like when I'm void of most human interaction on a month of nights)


We have remained the #bestclassever and not to mention the best looking class ever.  Some of the best friends of life.  I'm pretty sure Jonathan is the glue that holds us together. 


And then there are some different things this year.  

I barely even knew Hollie back in 2013! She quickly became like a sister to me, and people even ask us all the time if we're sisters.  Do you see it?


We did get snow 2x this year and lucky for me I got some snow days.


I took a rotation called Wilderness Medicine which was amazing.  I learned how to survive in the wilderness.  I guess.  Or maybe I just had a lot of fun and made some new friends.  I am now the proud owner of an Eno hammock, a tent, and a kayak.  So whoever is up for helping me enjoy any or all of these fun toys, let me know.


I became a waterbug (this is for you Ashley)

 
Maddie got hitched.  Love Luke and love seeing their relationship, a beautiful picture of a Christ centered marriage.


I'm next obviously.


Not quite as thrilling as last season, but still got to cheer my Auburn tigers on.


And I remained true... for the most part.


I've saved the best for last, I joined Midtown church late last year and it has been a huge part of why 2014 has been so wonderful.  It is my family and such a huge encouragement in my walk with Christ.  And these girls.. my dear lifegroup who know the good and the bad in my life but love me anyway and continue to push me towards Christ.  I love them so so much.


Well, I've said it before.  Life doesn't look pretty or graceful a lot of the time.

honest to goodness walked into Moe's and
realized there was a lint roller stuck to my purse.  


Onesie in Walmart, why not.

curbs are a mere suggestion.
no club why.


But Jesus is so good and he continues to love me and bless me when I hardly deserve it.  I have just been blown away by his goodness.  My prayer for 2015 is that my heart would just be overcome by the overwhelming beauty of the gospel, because I know if I really GOT IT my life would look vastly different.  Because how can we really know and grasp a love like that and not overflow with love for the people we are surrounded by?  Thankful to Him for never giving up on this work in progress.

Every good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment