Wednesday, February 11, 2009

quick update on life

1.  I've been on a mission along with some amigos to see all the best picture nominees for this year.  I'm still missing Milk and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.  But the 3 I have seen...
-The Reader- I wasn't a huge fan, but everyone else that I went with loved it.  Its just not my kind of movie.
-Slumdog Millionaire- absolutely amazing.
-Frost/Nixon- also not my kind of movie, but I enjoyed it.  I did fall asleep a little bit, but 
          that was only because we went at 10:30 at night.

I am super excited about seeing He's Just Not that Into You and the Shopaholic movie.  I am pretty sure the latter is going to be terrible, but those books are my favorite so I can't not see it.  

2.  I made a 94 on my physiology test.  I studied hardcore for this thing so I'm glad it paid off.  It was the first A I've made in about 5 months, and it's also been quite awhile since I've been above average.  It is exhausting being in a class with a bunch of geniuses.  The only problem is, I made a 94 on my first anatomy test... and then I ended up barely making a B in the class, so this trend will hopefully not continue.

3.  Sunday was my birthday.  I had lunch with the fam, and I went canoeing that night.  The canoeing was lots of fun, even though I saw none of the advertised "creatures of the night".  It was a good day, but also highly unexciting.  Its a bit depressing that birthdays get less important every year.

4.  I'm lacking the motivation to study right now.  I have to be in a really good mood to study, and I'm not right now.  Not entirely sure why... I probably should go for a run and work up some endorphins.  




 

2 comments:

  1. I agree Slumdog Millionaire is amazing! I bought the book that the movie is based on. I haven't started it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am totally feeling #4 at this moment...

    ReplyDelete